Spain Film Commission and PROFILM signed a collaboration agreement to boost the attraction of international shootings
On the 12th November, in Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España, the presidents of PROFILM and Spain Film Commission, Adrián Guerra and Carlos Rosado, signed a collaboration agreement between both institutions.
This agreement has the following fundamental aims:
- Promote and boost the attraction of shootings in Spain.
- Join forces in the negotiation and consultancy with public administrations and public and private companies to develop a favourable legal framework to promote the audio-visual industry to make Spain become an even more competitive film destination.
- Promote the creation of a joint commission comprised by ICEX, Instituto de la Cinematografía y de las Artes Audiovisuales, Ministerio de Hacienda / Agencia Tributaria, Federación Española de Municipios y Provincias, SFC and PROFILM, whose main aim is to consensually develop a regulation that adapts to the needs of the sector and benefit the Spanish society.
In order to meet these targets, some actions have been set:
- Create a communication and debate space between both institutions, establishing semi-annual meetings.
- Elaboration of an audio-visual production guide book that has all the information needed to shoot in Spain.
- PROFILM will provide the global data of their associates and the description of the shootings that have been done.
- SFC will provide PROFILM with all the information about the economic impact of the shootings in Spain and its contribution to the image of Spain as film touristic destination.
- PROFILM will support SFC in the actions that this is going to perform abroad.
- Invite other institutions, companies or professionals of the audio-visual sector to cooperate in the actions aimed to strengthen the audio-visual sector and attract other shootings in Spain.
PROFILM is an association of producing companies that provide international services, whose main aim is to promote the performance of any type of international production shot in Spain.
Spain Film Commission is an entity that represents and coordinates the network of Spanish film commissions and film offices, created by the regional administrations to promote a territory as a shooting location.
Download the agreement (in Spanish).