SPAIN FILM COMMISSION: NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION AND INTERNATIONAL POSITIONING OF SPAIN AS A EUROPEAN AUDIOVISUAL HUB
The Association, a pioneer in the attraction and attention of national and international productions, celebrates its 20th Anniversary this year
- Spain Film Commission has concluded today, October 1st , the internal renewal process of its Board of Directors, with the approval by consensus of a government team, chaired by Carlos Rosado. The Non-Profit Association thus begins a new stage, marked by the process of promoting and consolidating Spain as the Audiovisual Hub of Europe.
- We are talking about a strategic commitment of the country, led by the State Government in collaboration with the Autonomous Communities, the territorial and local Administrations, the industry and the group of agents involved in the development of our potential as a destination for national and international productions, including animation, videogames, e-sports and virtual reality.
- Spain Film Commission brings twenty years of work experience in positioning Spain as a benchmark for the film industry, which will be key to successfully leading the initiatives that will allow our country to play in the first division of the called film industry content, a key sector for economic recovery and growth.
- Spain Film Commission is fully aware that we are living in a moment of opportunity, which requires political commitment, public-private coordination and shared effort on the part of the entire Spanish audiovisual ecosystem to gain competitiveness, prestige and reputation in the world.
- Among the own and differentiating values offered by Spain Film Commission, the territorial representation stands out, with a total of thirty-two Film Commissions and associated Film Offices throughout the State, and a consolidated track record in prospecting for film issuing markets, especially the United States, UK and Asia.
NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
President: Carlos Rosado Cobián. Andalucía Film Commission
Vice-president: Teresa Azcona Alejandre. Zaragoza Film Office
Vice-president: Carlota Guerrero Bernaus. Catalunya Film Commission
Vice-president: Víctor Lamadrid Hernández. Cantabria Film Commission
Vice-president: Natacha Mora Yanes. Canary Islands Film Commission
Treasurer: Pedro Luis Clavería Vilar. Terrassa Film Office
General assistant: Juan Manuel Guimerans. Valladolid Film Office
Executive board: Agustín Atxa Picaza. Bilbao Bizkaia Film Commission
Executive board: Pedro Barbadillo Rank. Mallorca Film Commission
Executive board: Rafael Cabrera Yagües. Film Madrid
Executive board: Sara Sevilla Aragón. Navarra Film Commission
- The new Board of Directors will focus on strengthening the Spain Film Commission network, collaborating dynamically in the transformation that the Spanish audiovisual industry is already undergoing, and deploying marketing and communication strategies that allow consolidating the image of Spain to attract investment and major projects. In the same way, a firm commitment will be made around the technological and digital revolution, reduction of the gender gap and environmental sustainability of the sector.
Spain has a wealth and diversity of accessible filming locations, in a safe environment and with some interesting tax incentives, which make the country an exceptional destination for film, television and advertising filming.