The Spanish Culture Ministry announces that is working in order to increase the tax incentives to attract shootings
On Tuesday 18th December a control session in the senate took place. In this framework, the senator Mr. Agustín Almodóbar (Popular Party) asked the Culture Minister, Mr. José Guirao, if “the government has planned any program or strategy to promote shootings in Spain”.
The answer of Mr. Guirao contained some important announcements not only for the audiovisual industry, but also for the touristic industry. Here you have a brief summary:
- The Ministry of Culture is working together with the Ministry of Finance to specify the increase of the current tax incentive system aimed to attract international shootings.
- They are developing an agreement to implement jointly projects and actions aimed to promote of shootings and audiovisual and TV productions in Spain.
- The key actors of this agreement are ICEX-Invest in Spain, Turespaña, Instituto de la Cinematografía de las Artes Audiovisuales (ICAA) and Spain Film Commission.
- The content of this agreement can be summarized in the following points:
- The development of an inventory of locations in Spain.
- The opening of a “one-stop window” that facilitate the administrative procedures and provides information about the advantages of shooting in Spain.
- The promotion of the collaboration among autonomous regions.
- The momentum of the visit of producers from other countries.
- The promotion of film tourism.
Spain Film Commission is working conjunctly with all its partners and collaborators to contribute to the materialization of an improvement to attract more shootings to Spain.
In this link you can find the transcription of this conversation during the session in the senate.