GATC and Spain Film Commission announce a program of online master classes for audiovisual professionals
In 2022, the Spain Film Commission signed a collaboration agreement with the Latin American & Caribbean Film Commission Network promoted by film commissions from Argentina, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Colombia, Mexico City, Mexico, and Costa Rica, with the purpose of coordinating joint actions aimed at strengthening ties between Spain and Latin America. This training action is the first of these actions.
Organized by the Global Audiovisual Training Center-GATC in association with the Spain Film Commission, the GATC-SFC Technical Update Program for Audiovisual Professionals in Spain is a series of 10 online master classes taught in Spanish by renowned industry professionals lasting approximately 2 to 3 hours each on the following topics: Production Coordination, Line Producer, Music Supervision, HDR, Visual Effects, Post Production Supervision, Film Trailer, Sound Design, Direction Assistance and Locations.
The program will take place between September 21 and October 18, 2023, and registration is now open. The last master class, on Locations, will be in a hybrid format at the Shooting Locations Marketplace de Valladolid, an event for filming locations and destinations, organized by Feria de Valladolid and the Spain Film Commission, aimed at connecting professionals with, and contributing to generating business.
The program is open to recent graduates and audiovisual professionals residing in the EU who wish to improve their knowledge, learn more about other areas of the industry, and receive a valuable update to operate in this increasingly competitive and demanding sector. Among the objectives is to meet the demands for trained professionals generated by streaming services, in addition to traditional media, such as cinema, television and advertising.
The master classes are free and are aimed at professionals in the audiovisual sector. Registration is open until September 15. A certificate of participation will be issued to those who attend a minimum of 7 classes.
Registrations and more information are available at the official Program Page.
● Thursday, September 21, at 6:00 p.m. - Production Coordination - Lili González
● Saturday, September 23, at 6:00 p.m. - Line Producer - Carlos Taibo and Aritz Cirbián
● Wednesday, September 27, at 6:00 p.m. - Musical Supervision - Annette Fradera
● Friday, September 29, at 6:00 p.m. - HDR - Luis Ochoa
● Wednesday, October 4, at 6:00 p.m. - Visual Effects - Carlos Bravo
● Saturday, October 7, at 6:00 p.m. - post-production supervision - Vanessa Hernández
● Tuesday, October 10, at 6:00 p.m. - Film Trailer - Nacho Soto
● Wednesday, October 11, at 6:00 p.m. - Sound Design - Samuel Larson Guerra
● Saturday, October 14, at 6:00 p.m. – Assistant Director - Bernardo Jasso
● Wednesday, October 18, at 5:00 p.m. - Locations - Quique Gutiérrez del Álamo - in a hybrid format from the Locations Marketplace in Valladolid.
This initiative launched by the Spain Film Commission and GATC is one of the actions implemented by the entity to promote the consolidation of the Spanish Audiovisual Hub, one of the engines of economic reactivation launched by the Government of Spain and which, in addition to attracting international filming to the country, is focused on promoting tax benefits to make investments in the sector.